Tuesday, February 25, 2014

When life hands you lemons make lemonade.

This Tuesday I am grateful for my life as a special-needs mom. I never thought in my whole life that I would ever have a special needs child. It's a silly thing to think... I truthfully thought that I was not cut out for the job. When I looked at special-needs moms I thought to myself...they are true hero's. I remember thinking in the past that God would never pick me. There is a certain type of woman out there to be a special-needs mom and I am not one of them. I denied the calling to be a special-needs mom for almost 2 years. I knew how to be a mom to my other three kids I did not know how to be a mom to Leah. Here I am now with Leah. I, of course love her with all my heart but I didn't know how to take care of her. I was scared out of my mind! Again I denied it over and over. I didn't want to do it! I thought to myself...I am not strong like those other women. I did not want to do hard things! I have no one to guide me on how to care for her. I didn't have my mom to guide me...no doctor...no friend...no book...nothing. I begged God every single day to not make me do this. I begged him to please bring Leah back every single! I also begged him every single day to not make her go through this and to not have her experience this kind of life.

Two years later.. here I am. Stronger than ever. I love my life. I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for bringing Leah into my life and making me a special-needs mom. I wouldn't trade this life for anything! She is truly a blessing in my life and my families life. God knew I can do it. God hand-picked me. God hand picked my children to experience this. God has never left me in the dark. He takes my hand every single day and guides me. He knew I could do this! He knew I was strong enough to do this! I thank him every day for trusting me to care for his daughter. I am so grateful that I have finally reached this beautiful point in my life.

Life handed me lemons and I finally made lemonade!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment