Monday, February 10, 2014

It's time to write to your Congressman.

The bill for CBD oil is going to be voted on this week. Please if you can take 5 minutes to write your Congressman. Here is the link http://hope4childrenwithepilepsy.com/how-to-help/ . Then click on: Make an impact Legislatively. It will tell you exactly what to do. It is very important that you follow the instructions. Please have your spouses, family and friends do the same. I can't express enough how much this means to us. It's our last hope! I've been thinking a lot about this and I really could be feeling a lot of emotions about it. There's times that I start to feel stressful, anxious and nervous. I really have no room in my life to have those feelings. I can't let fear control me. The thought that my daughters life could be in the hands of a bunch of politician's literally could eat me alive.  But I chose to only have one emotion...peace! Peace that everything will work out. Peace that God is in control and no matter what happens...everything will be okay!


Leah has been sick for over a week. She has a bad cough. She picked it up from her brother Tyler, who has had walking pneumonia for two weeks now. As soon as she started coughing I immediately took her to the doctor. Dr. Hornyik called her in an antibiotic and also a pulse oximetry to have at home. She also got suctioned out at the doctors office. Her pulse ox hasn't stayed above 88 so she is always on oxygen right now! Between being hooked up to the pulse ox machine, oxygen and her feeding tube it's hard to hold her. I also feel like we have a small hospital in our home. But she seems to be doing a little better.  Lauryn and I got it...it's a nasty sickness!!!




As I sat holding Leah while she was sick this week I really enjoyed having her snuggle up to me and peacefully fall asleep in my arms. This is very rare because Leah for some reason never naps and never falls asleep in the day. She cried a lot this week...sad because she clearly was not feeling good but I really loved hearing her voice. When she cried I picked her up and rocked her and sang to her. She would stop crying and fall asleep. It was so wonderful to have this moment with her this week. She loves when I sing to her. I have a horrible voice but every child loves the sound of their mothers voice. I love singing to her. I love to see her eyes light up when I am singing. It's the special way that we connect. It's God's little mercy!






No comments:

Post a Comment