Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Epilepsy Awareness!



November is Epilepsy Awareness month. It feels so good to spread the awareness of Epilepsy. Since Leah has been sick I have had so many people come up to me and tell me they have Epilepsy. I never would have known because fortunately medication controls their seizures but it's still a battle for them. They have to deal with the horrible side effects of their medications and they never know when a break through seizure will happen. Around 3 million people in the US have epilepsy. Neurology and the brain are so complicated, doctors don't know why seizures happen! But together we can be united and always have hope for a cure!



I saw this on a shirt and loved the saying! It's exactly how I feel!

My kids are loving this awareness. We are making white rubber band "Hope for Leah" bracelets that have the purple ribbon on it. They are so excited to hand them out to their friends. We also emailed the "Ellen" show and told them about Epilepsy Awareness month and told them Leah's story. We asked if she could spread the word about Epilepsy Awareness. My kids are so excited and hope they do a segment on Epilepsy awareness. I told them the chances are one in a million but I also told them that that's okay because we always try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment