Friday, October 5, 2012

Fevers???

Each time Leah has a tooth come in or gets sick she fevers for four weeks. Why? Is the BIG question right now. She just ended a four week fever cycle and of coarse she seized for four weeks (It was a molar this time). The fever ended last Friday and therefore her seizures also ended. Again, she only seizes when she has a fever. We spoke again with our neurologist and he says that medication usually doesn't work with febrile seizures (which we pretty much knew). He wants another MRI (probably not until she's 18 months, it will show more than) and another EEG (that will be scheduled ASAP).

These cycles are stressful and really wear on Leah's body... So we are investigating why. We have spent many hours researching, talking with doctors etc. Now we are looking into immunology, we are wondering if she has an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Hornyik is talking with some immunologist and trying to get us in. We have an appointment in December but earlier would be better.

Seriously...my stress level is through the roof. I am trying to figure out my baby's condition, raise three other kids, work and build a house. Playing the balancing act is hard. I'm trying to be a good wife and mom but my emotions are all over the place. I'm just taking each day at a time, that's all I can do!


No comments:

Post a Comment