Monday, October 20, 2014

Not a virus...

I took Leah into the doctor last Tuesday and Dr. Hornyik thought she might just have a virus. Leah continued to have a fever and vomiting. I knew it wasn't just a virus. I thought and thought about what it could be. I remembered that her urine kind of smelled funny so I called the doctor on Friday morning and I asked to bring her in to check for a bladder infection. Sure enough it was a bladder infection. Dr. Hornyik was happy that I caught that and she recommended that Leah get an antibiotic injection. Leah continued to seize Saturday but Sunday she woke up a lot better. She finally stopped seizing on Sunday. She sure slept a lot this whole weekend and today she is back to herself. Last week was exhausting! It's so hard when she's sick, I get so stressed out. She was literally seizing about every 10 to 15 minutes, luckily they were small seizures. I feel bad she suffered for eight days and we couldn't figure it out. It's hard when she can't communicate to us. It's like putting a puzzle together. I am so glad that she is now on an up road.

No comments:

Post a Comment