Thursday, July 31, 2014

Leah's therapist.

Leah will be three next week. I know...I can't believe it too! Leah has been in the Early Intervention program for the past 2 1/2 years. She is now graduating from the program. Her occupational therapist Becca has been her therapist from the day Leah got sick. She came weekly. But at that time Leah was having 30+ seizures a day. Heaven only know how many absent seizures she was having. Because of this Becca couldn't do therapy every week with her. So instead she and I would talk. Little did she know she was my personal therapist. I was very depressed at that time. I just lost my baby. I cried and cried to her. She seemed to be the only one that understood. She said just the right things to me. I know she was God sent. God can't be here but He does send us what we need and she was exactly what I needed. Sometimes the only way I got through life at that time was knowing she would be back again in a week. I didn't know how to take care for my sick baby. She guided me through it all. I could not have made it without her. She helped me and Leah so much. Leah's physical therapist Susan came about 1 1/2 years ago. Becca and Susan are best friends so we had a blast together. She also truly blessed our lives. Her and Leah had an instant bond. Leah's eyes lit up when she saw Susan and Leah did things for Susan that she didn't do for anyone else (except me and Chad). We all laughed together and cried together. I am so thankful God took care of me and Leah by sending these beautiful ladies into our lives. Life brings change. We said there are no goodbye's. It's been a very emotional day for me but they promised to visit. They are considered family now. We love them and will miss them. Even though these women won't be in our home every week they will be in our hearts forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment