Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy 2014

I am looking forward to 2014! I know there are good things to come...I feel it!

I am a goal setter. I have all my goals ready to be worked on. One goal is that I want to be more accepting of the life God gave Leah. I want to power through the hard days because we only get a good day about once or twice a month. So most of our days are hard. It's been really hard to get use to this life. It's hard to have Leah come back to us one day and then she is gone the next...it hurts in every way possible. I don't understand it. But this life is what's been given to us and I want (and need to for my own health) to accept it and power through everyday. I can honestly say I do a pretty dang good job making it but I want to be even that much better at handling this challenge.

Leah didn't have any seizures on Sunday. It was such an awesome day. We spent the whole day playing with her. She pulled her arms up to touch toys. She would open her hands and grab on to the toy. Whenever I talked she would look to find me... that was the best part! We feel so blessed to have that day with her.

Today was the day two years ago that we "lost" Leah. I will never forget the day. But I get to choose how I want to remember that day. Yes, I could focus on the loss. But I choose not to. I choose to focus on the blessings! We are so blessed to have her in our family.  

Leah is so physically beautiful but her spirit is also amazingly beautiful!!! Even though Leah can't interact with me I feel her spirit everyday. I know Leah! I am so grateful for this blessing God has given me. Even though she has a broken body her spirit is strong, healthy and very much so alive!!!

Happy 2014!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment